New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Source
There have always been screamers trying to get attention. It typically turns out they are just trying to validate themselves or maybe even profit. They still scream. It's not a question of whether their screaming includes any truth or facts, only that they scream for all the wrong reasons. They seldom care a whit about the message itself.

I've received some private communications (from outside our circle of fellowship) indicating that our current alarms are just more of the same screaming. That is partially true. But when people who aren't screamers start sounding alarms, it should mean something different.

The people who built the Internet, and those who keep it going today, are warning that censorship is now raining down on the Net. One by one, services that have been content neutral are made illegal. Rumble (a video service competing with YouTube) is now inaccessible in France. The EU has warned Musk that Twitter must keep some of their previous censorship, or they will block the service across Europe as a whole. Those are just examples.

What China did with it's Great Firewall has been embraced in Europe and other parts of Asia. Until recently, US law didn't allow it to happen here. Then, during the COVID-19 scare, it began happening secretly, with collusion between Big Tech and government agencies that suffer no accountability to the people. There are court cases dealing with this right now, and we should expect no good results coming from them, given how other forms of censorship have been approved by judges.

The controls are already in place. The only thing standing between this forum and censorship is whether anyone with power bothers to notice.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
My humble thoughts are that Father is in control....  If He wants our voices to continue to be heard, He rules.   Smile
It was great while it lasted. Maybe the Lord will send that Carrington Event soon and we won't have to spend energy on all of this anymore.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Jay, ?????

That's what the inside of me did when I read this last post of yours.  Are you tired, my friend?
There's a part of me that agrees with you, Jay. I can recall when the Internet became a thing for ordinary people. It changed everything. After awhile, I dove in and learned all I could about how it worked. The golden age ended about a decade ago, and it's been declining ever since. I don't regret my involvement; communications is a lot of fun. Still, it's becoming a burden. If it ends by the hand of God, it will be a good thing.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(11-11-2022, 01:31 PM)forrealone Wrote: Jay, ?????

That's what the inside of me did when I read this last post of yours.  Are you tired, my friend?

Didn't mean to come off negative. I meant that we wouldn't have to deal with figuring out how or when this censorship stuff will come for us, and we won't have to figure out ways to circumnavigate these controls when it does get a lot worse. It didn't have anything to do with living in meatworld (though, "to live is Christ/die is gain," etc) or the forum here, etc. I still love you guys and our time here.  Smile
(11-12-2022, 06:21 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: There's a part of me that agrees with you, Jay. I can recall when the Internet became a thing for ordinary people. It changed everything. After awhile, I dove in and learned all I could about how it worked. The golden age ended about a decade ago, and it's been declining ever since. I don't regret my involvement; communications is a lot of fun. Still, it's becoming a burden. If it ends by the hand of God, it will be a good thing.

I liked...and still like...all of this, too. The Internet paradigm fit my silent/slow-thinking personality very easily, and I was able to base my meatworld survival on working with it going on for two decades now. But as you've said before, it's just a tool, and it's been hijacked by TPTB as another avenue for psych and practical control. That's the way things always work, it seems.