New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stepfather
My stepfather, Doug Porrell, is very near death. This is not a surprise; we've been watching him fade for some months. He's very sick right now and it looks terminal to my Mom, who is an RN. Pray as you feel led, but I'm asking the Lord to let him pass peacefully.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I know he has been suffering for quite a while and your Mom is probably exhausted. I can most assuredly relate. I will pray for her and Doug. May the Lord in His mercy give them both peace.

Do keep us posted as I am sure you will.
Prayer lifted. May God bless your mom during this time.
Update: For the time being, he seems to have revived into consciousness. However, he has a terminal lung disease, so it's just a matter of time.
Praying for everyone involved, Ed.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Update: Doug is being kept sedated because he's quite uncooperative when he's fully conscious. His body is failing in several ways at once. May the Lord have mercy.
Challenging times for him and your Mom.  May our Father be with them and bring Peace and Mercy.
Continuing prayer for your Stepfather, Mom and you. May God's Holy Spirit provide peace and comfort at this time.
Lord, hear our prayers.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
I'm standing by to make a long drive down to Harlingen, TX. I'll try to keep in touch when it happens.