New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet Around Here
So, what have you all been doing? I took advantage of the slight relief from the heat and have put in some miles on the bike this week. If I make the ride I hope for today, that will be about 140 miles in 5 days. In the news, there's been way too much activity; I'm almost numb from the antics of the political class. And the neighbors from across the breezeway moved out. Decent people; we'll miss them, even though their lives have been filled with unnecessary drama. I wonder what kind of folks the Lord will send next.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
What's a breezeway?

I've been busy here with work (not unusual), and trying to wrap up a bunch of writing projects. My goal is have all/most of that cleared out by the end of the year. I've also started writing a physical diary.

Things are busier now that the kids are out and I can spend more time with them. There's also planning to visit my folks in MA in a few weeks.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Breezeway = A hallway open to the air at both ends. And I made that longer ride today, it works out to 161 miles for the week.
Wink 
Wow, Ed!   You go, sir!  I am so impressed.  I am going to start riding my manual speed bicycle in my yard starting next week.  I really need to get my legs seriously stronger so I can make it up the hill of my road.  I have two acres of slightly hilly terrain so I should get a good workout, slowly at first and then hopefully once my leg muscles are more tone/strong I shall attempt my road and then my neighborhood and then the whole of the neighborhoods adjoining, most of which are very hilly.  Wish me luck!   Wink
Go get `em, Sister!
Hi Ed... Glad to hear you are able to bike longer distances again. Things here in Indiana are very hot and DRY. My yard is brown and I haven't mowed in two weeks. I have even watering my garden and watching the tomatoes begin to ripen and the sweet corn putting forth its ears. I am scheduled for a partial knee replacement on my right knee on July 11th. I have had two steroid injections over the past year but the pain persists after a few weeks. Believe it or not, it is worse when I am in bed and it wakes me up several times each night. Prayers for a successful outcome would be appreciated.
You got it, Dave.
(07-02-2022, 07:36 AM)davew9804 Wrote: Hi Ed...  Glad to hear you are able to bike longer distances again.  Things here in Indiana are very hot and DRY. My yard is brown and I haven't mowed in two weeks.  I have even watering my garden and watching the tomatoes begin to ripen and the sweet corn putting forth its ears.  I am scheduled for a partial knee replacement on my right knee on July 11th.  I have had two steroid injections over the past year but the pain persists after a few weeks.  Believe it or not, it is worse when I am in bed and it wakes me up several times each night. Prayers for a successful outcome would be appreciated.

Hi Dave.  My sister had a total knee replacement on the 27th of May.  Although we are over 700 miles apart, I have been blessed to be a part of her journey, every step of the way.  I will be praying for you and your family for peace and comfort; for the medical staff for His wisdom and compassion and for Him to bless you through and after the surgery.  May your recovery be as quick as possible. 

God bless!
Thank you all for your prayers regarding my knee surgery. I definitely felt them as I am usually very anxious when it comes to medical issues and hospitals. This time I was really relaxed and ready to go. The surgery was successful and I received excellent care at the hospital. I came home yesterday evening and will be doing rehab exercises twice a day until Saturday when I go to outpatient physical therapy. Blessings to all!!
(07-13-2022, 12:02 PM)davew9804 Wrote: Thank you all for your prayers regarding my knee surgery.  I definitely felt them as I am usually very anxious when it comes to medical issues and hospitals.  This time I was really relaxed and ready to go.  The surgery was successful and I received excellent care at the hospital.  I came home yesterday evening and will be doing rehab exercises twice a day until Saturday when I go to outpatient physical therapy.  Blessings to all!!

What joyous news, Dave!  Hallelujah!  I will continue to pray for you.  Btw, which state do you live in?  When I say my nightly prayers, I hover as if I were an eagle across the globe, stopping over those places/states where there is someone I want to pray for.....  That's why I asked!   Smile