New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stepfather's Health
The last wedding I performed some years ago was marrying my mother to my stepfather, Doug. Like most marriages, it came with built-in sorrows. Doug is declining in health, and my mother carries a heavy load as his chief nurse. In her favor is her years as an RN. Against her is her own aging.

Recently Doug fell and cut his head. It appeared he was nearly gone with hallucinations and non-responsive behavior. Then he seemed to recover, but not completely. The hospital will be testing whether a therapist can help him with walking in the coming days. My Mom got a much needed break when Doug's family showed up to help a bit.

So the request is for Doug to recover and for Mom to know how to carry on. They reside in Harlingen, TX -- very far away from us. May the Lord provide.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
I will definitely lift them up in prayer right now and will continue to do so.

Dear Heavenly Father, we ask that You bless Ed's mom with Your guidance and strength. May Your healing Hands bless Doug with improved health and strength in accordance with Your will.  May Your Peace come upon them.  Bless all those who are involved in Doug's care with Your Wisdom, patience and compassion.  Amen
Lifting up a prayer for the Hurst family.
Amen Lord hear the prayers of Ed's mom and Doug, and we know that in the hardest times we cry out to You. Yes Lord heal and comfort and strengthen their inner man, under the blood of Jesus we lift our prayers to You Amen, and so be it.
Thank you all. Doug is home. I'll share more of his prognosis when I get it.
I'll send up prayers tonight in bed, Ed. Thanks.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Doug is not able to walk much at all, even with a walker. He would spend all day in bed if my Mom let him, so she uses a transfer chair with him a lot. She keeps prodding him to stay as active as possible, and there is a good bit of Physical Therapy, as well. He gets confused about the time he spent in hospital because he was quite out of it. Not unconscious, but he hallucinated a lot. He can't remember what happened there.
Is there hospice to help your mom? That seems like an enormous job she has. Thank you we are able to pray and know His name is the Unleasher of great help in their need.
The VA is paying for home health care to come to the home. My mom acts as an overseer of his care because she's a retired RN.
(04-19-2022, 09:36 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: The VA is paying for home health care to come to the home. My mom acts as an overseer of his care because she's a retired RN.

That is gooooooood news!   Praise the Lord for working through the VA to provide that care.