New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real War
“Beseech God to stir up warfare so that you regain affliction and humility. For it is by warfare that the soul makes progress. Pray, “Lord give me strength for the fight.” John the Dwarf
Let’s rejoice in warfare, no peace without it. Deus vult!
This life is supposed to be afflicted. War is the natural state of fallen mankind.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Problems are opportunities in disguise.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Thanks guys. I wish my earthly dad saw it that way. He has claimed to be a Christian and has been a deacon for 40 years at his(SBC) church. Of late, he has wanted to argue that suffering is not part of the call and death of believers is not a rejoicing. My reaction is to want to run far away from that kind of talk. Is it like taking the Word and slamming it against a wall?
I know all too well the lies of the SBC, having been educated and ordained to ministry among them. Perfect moment for this: You all recognize that the Word of God is a two-edged sword. It comes with joy and sorrow, tribulation and miracles, wrath and healing, etc. We take the view that this life is not worthy of concern, except as it gives us the opportunity to point to Eternal Life.

Something in this conflict in Ukraine will be a sweet revelation of this truth. I've been burdened about it for several days now. There's something very specific that draws my heart to watch how God will manifest Himself there. I'll call it a word from God, but it's not the kind of thing that can be reduced to human words. Maybe it will become more obvious as we go along.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog