New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Senseless Noise
Back when my heart wiring could tolerate caffeine, I never would go to Starbucks unless someone else paid for it. What a horrific high price they charge! They give a free cup of Joe to veterans on Veterans Day. I imbibed in that freebie a few years ago, and ordered the dark version. It was nice and strong and there was some depth to the flavor. But it still wasn't all that good, and not worth the several dollars they normally charge for it. I got far better coffee for the equivalent of a dollar in any one of the Dutch train stations back when I was stationed in the Netherlands.

Now, just about every year for the past decade or so, as the calendar approaches Christmas, a bunch of people come crawling out of the woodwork claiming that Starbucks is trying to destroy the sanctity of the holiday by removing the traditional symbols of Christmas from their cups. Instead, so they claim, the cups come out with non-religious symbols. We are supposed to believe Starbucks does this out of spite for the Christian meaning of Christmas.

I won't bother cluttering this post with all my arguments against the notion that Christmas is specifically connected to Our Savior. It just ain't.

Each year, the claims about Starbucks get more outlandish. We've been treated to variations of photoshopped pictures with Satanic symbols on their cups, which then never show up at any Starbucks shop anywhere. Oh, wait! There it is, down there on the bottom rim of the cup! That printer's mark is a Satanic symbol! This is just about on the same level as the "Jesus Frisbee" which is supposed to be mandatory for Frisbee golf if you expect to have a valid Christian witness. Frankly, I think the Starbucks' new artwork for this year is pretty nice. I like their cups, but even if I could drink their coffee, it's just not that good. That's the real issue, if you ask me. It's an insult to my Creator to come that close to making good coffee, but then miss the target and act like it's liquid gold.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog

Messages In This Thread
More Senseless Noise - by Ed Hurst - 11-03-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by IainH - 11-03-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by forrealone - 11-03-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by jaybreak - 11-03-2019, 09:14 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by forrealone - 11-03-2019, 10:43 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by jaybreak - 11-04-2019, 04:35 AM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by IainH - 11-04-2019, 12:04 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by IainH - 11-04-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: More Senseless Noise - by jaybreak - 11-05-2019, 06:13 AM