New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell U, MC Chain
Saturday, all of us are riding to visit the campus of Campbell University which lies halfway between Raleigh and Fayetteville, NC. Graham will be going there in the fall. In an act of gross negligence and disobedience he "forgot " to tell me a  check engine light came on in his Toyota Highlander and his rear brakes started squeaking.  I'll forgive him because he is a young dumbass. I'm not sure the round trip distance but I'm sure it will be enough to make a relatively inexpensive brake pad change into an expensive pads and rotor change. I found out about it Wednesday but, wasn't informed about the trip until yesterday evening. I'll do a scan today. The worst part is his car is/ was the most reliable and has the fewest miles. Kids are morons when it comes to stuff like this and I've told him repeatedly to tell me immediately when anything like this happens. 
  I've had my mc chain soaking in kerosene for a week, I'm going to clean it them check for stretch and weak links, a new one is around $110 for a good one and going cheap on bikes is not a good idea so, I pray it's in spec. Everyone bitches when I buy parts for my choice of main transportation. They just don't get it. I'm waiting for a $200 check to arrive, which, you guessed it, is going on bike parts. When I pretend to be someone I'm not just to please others, an unfortunate thing, I was trained to do from birth, I'm miserable and really just can't swallow anymore. When, I act naturally it pisses off the people who thought I was the other guy. They didn't mind my misery apparently.

Messages In This Thread
Campbell U, MC Chain - by IainH - 04-12-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by jaybreak - 04-21-2019, 08:57 PM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by IainH - 04-22-2019, 10:39 AM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by jaybreak - 04-23-2019, 08:27 PM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by IainH - 04-25-2019, 01:27 AM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by Ed Hurst - 04-25-2019, 06:11 AM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by jaybreak - 04-26-2019, 06:43 AM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by IainH - 04-26-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by IainH - 04-26-2019, 05:25 PM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by forrealone - 04-25-2019, 08:50 PM
RE: Campbell U, MC Chain - by Ed Hurst - 04-26-2019, 05:49 PM