New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job
(02-08-2019, 10:24 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: It's too bad no one would ever make a movie from what's in your head, Iain. That would be more entertaining than anything I could buy right now. My own experiences in life were a lot more mundane. For example, my nightmares were reversed, coming from my dad, while mom was more sensible for me. It's the American way, you see. And all of my zaps came from the much more tame 110v US consumer appliances. Yeah, my story is boring compared to yours, but I'll stand with Jay and affirm that you are a gift from God worthy of our affection and support. May the Lord plant you in a job that matches His mission for you.

Jeez, I'm just scratching the surface. I do have super-conductivity. A normal human being can die with between 0.1 and 0.2 amps. One night I was trying to figure out why a machine I was mechanicing had an electrical problem. An electric motor had quit. After a bit, I opened the main power cabinet to check relays. This a triple phase 360V 1800 amp main. The other second shift mechanic just happened to come by.
Doc "What's going on?"
 Me "Well Doc this blah blah....long..explanation...I'm wondering about this" I point at a component just below the main fuse....KAPOW!!! I missed and touched the main power input. That's the above. 9000 times the lethal dose. My response "Damn, that sunuvabitch got some kick!"
 Doc " Are you okay man? " Huge goggle eyes looking at me in shock.
Me "You smell that, that's ozone. I can taste it too...Doc look at hair on my arms they're stickin up"
Then we laughed about it. I was was not my time to die. I know a man whose son was killing wiring a household breaker panel 60 amps. 
  I always respect electricity. I had "Snap On" burned into the palm of my hand from tightening a side terminal battery. The wrench in my hand touched both terminals 650 amps. That hurt morer and longer than the Big Jolt.
The first season of Moonshiners was quite funny when a drunk "Tickle" was standing on a beam and fell splat his middle on the beam and went ass over into a P.U. bed. I laughed so hard because I done the same things years before.
Super Dave Osborne, a great Canadian, I think was funny. Then came Jackass and it was just stupid and nasty.
Where I grew up was a safe place and as kids, after breakfast, we would jump on our bikes and be gone all day doing stupid stunts, pre-BMX days. Evel Knievel was my hero. Anything with a gap 6tt or more was fair game, we would spend all day shoveling dirt, laying old boards whatever it took. I had to be first. I never got hurt, it was the ones who lost their nerve past the point of no return that did and they weren't allowed to play with us no more. Seeing how fast you could go down steep hills, great fun and reasonable safe on a bike, skateboards were different small wheels and a piece of gravel could ruin your day. That's when there was a spike in broom "borrowings".
  Kids today have no idea what fun is! True dat my bruthah!
PS. Helmets???? What! On a Bicycle! A Skateboard! Are you crazy! Kids need to get knocked around a bit bumps bruises road rash. That's why this late generation is a bunch of pantywaists.

(02-09-2019, 12:42 AM)IainH Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 10:24 AM)Ed Hurst Wrote: It's too bad no one would ever make a movie from what's in your head, Iain. That would be more entertaining than anything I could buy right now. My own experiences in life were a lot more mundane. For example, my nightmares were reversed, coming from my dad, while mom was more sensible for me. It's the American way, you see. And all of my zaps came from the much more tame 110v US consumer appliances. Yeah, my story is boring compared to yours, but I'll stand with Jay and affirm that you are a gift from God worthy of our affection and support. May the Lord plant you in a job that matches His mission for you.

Jeez, I'm just scratching the surface. I do have super-conductivity. A normal human being can die with between 0.1 and 0.2 amps. One night I was trying to figure out why a machine I was mechanicing had an electrical problem. An electric motor had quit. After a bit, I opened the main power cabinet to check relays. This a triple phase 360V 1800 amp main. The other second shift mechanic just happened to come by.
Doc "What's going on?"
 Me "Well Doc this blah blah....long..explanation...I'm wondering about this" I point at a component just below the main fuse....KAPOW!!! I missed and touched the main power input. That's the above. 9000 times the lethal dose. My response "Damn, that sunuvabitch got some kick!"
 Doc " Are you okay man? " Huge goggle eyes looking at me in shock.
Me "You smell that, that's ozone. I can taste it too...Doc look at hair on my arms they're stickin up"
Then we laughed about it. I was was not my time to die. I know a man whose son was killing wiring a household breaker panel 60 amps. 
  I always respect electricity. I had "Snap On" burned into the palm of my hand from tightening a side terminal battery. The wrench in my hand touched both terminals 650 amps. That hurt morer and longer than the Big Jolt.
The first season of Moonshiners was quite funny when a drunk "Tickle" was standing on a beam and fell splat his middle on the beam and went ass over into a P.U. bed. I laughed so hard because I done the same things years before.
Super Dave Osborne, a great Canadian, I think was funny. Then came Jackass and it was just stupid and nasty.
Where I grew up was a safe place and as kids, after breakfast, we would jump on our bikes and be gone all day doing stupid stunts, pre-BMX days. Evel Knievel was my hero. Anything with a gap 6tt or more was fair game, we would spend all day shoveling dirt, laying old boards whatever it took. I had to be first. I never got hurt, it was the ones who lost their nerve past the point of no return that did and they weren't allowed to play with us no more. Seeing how fast you could go down steep hills, great fun and reasonable safe on a bike, skateboards were different small wheels and a piece of gravel could ruin your day. That's when there was a spike in broom "borrowings".
  Kids today have no idea what fun is! True dat my bruthah!
PS. Helmets???? What! On a Bicycle! A Skateboard! Are you crazy! Kids need to get knocked around a bit bumps bruises road rash. That's why this late generation is a bunch of pantywaists.

Well I don't know about the first part but I agree with him about these young people. Take my Bobby for example just the other.
 HAAANK HILL!! YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW. YOUR ONLY ALLOWED OUT WHEN PEOPLE CAN SEEE YOU.
 Oh, yes you're right. I guess I got a uh caught up in the moment. Sorry folks,, remember Strick SCUFFLE land Propane..MORE STRUGGLE muffled for all your Propane needs! SLAMM!!!
sorry.

Messages In This Thread
Job - by IainH - 02-06-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: Job - by Ed Hurst - 02-06-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: Job - by Ed Hurst - 02-06-2019, 09:29 PM
RE: Job - by jaybreak - 02-07-2019, 02:59 AM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-07-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: Job - by jaybreak - 02-07-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-08-2019, 03:23 AM
RE: Job - by Ed Hurst - 02-08-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-09-2019, 12:42 AM