New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job
I'm installing the part I got for my car today. May it the one I need, if it is well "jolly good, Chaps, tallyho!" Sorry I watched a doc on the Spitfire & Battle of Britain , "cabbage crates coming over the briney!" It would not be normal for me to have the less expensive component be the one, so I ask for a special dispensation in this case to spare my usual bad luck. $70 may not sound like much but, if you're income is $0 it might as well be one thousand $.
     I need to car back to search for work, scuttlebutt is ASU is hiring. I'm required to apply there and if this part works, fantastic, I can make other people happy. ASU is a good job no doubt, they have a nice benefits package. I, being a mere man, do not see how working there would follow my calling. So, what is my calling?
I tell you a story; one night a 21 year old kid and his friends were partying, at one point this went and got his new .22 rifle to show his friends, as he was passing it to one of his friends the rifle accidentally discharged sending a round through his friends heart. He was convicted for involuntary manslaughter because of his ignorance of firearms, he removed the magazine but didn't know to check the chamber. I met him while working in a restaurant kitchen. He was a nice kid but, troubled. All I did was be his friend and help keep his truck on the road. I didn't try to evangelize him but, he knew I believed in Jesus. So I showed him God's love. I don't know exactly where he is now, his hometown is Raleigh, NC. Working in restaurants, I meet guys like him all the time. Twenty five is the age that a young guy who's partied since high school has a gut check. I did and went into a fundamentalist evangelical rehab. I learned some valuable lessons but, on the other hand it taught me the practice of self flagellation, which is no way to grow as a Christian.
  Pray for a guy named Eli, that that the Father will give him to Jesus.
  Pray for my car repair and,
  The right job at the right place. Being driven out of a job by Spirit, Angels, Demons or whatever, is not a pleasant experience.
   Pray for my wife who turns forty ten, commonly known as 50.TODAY. She don't like birthdays especially new decade ones, this is her third since we've been married. I'd like to do something to let here know that despite rockiness, I do appreciate her keeping me alive and she is a good Mom.

Blessings sent forth.....Now!

Messages In This Thread
Job - by IainH - 02-06-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: Job - by Ed Hurst - 02-06-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: Job - by Ed Hurst - 02-06-2019, 09:29 PM
RE: Job - by jaybreak - 02-07-2019, 02:59 AM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-07-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: Job - by jaybreak - 02-07-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-08-2019, 03:23 AM
RE: Job - by Ed Hurst - 02-08-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: Job - by IainH - 02-09-2019, 12:42 AM