New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church friend
Gene Swift is a man I've known for 18 years through our church, on Friday he had a massive heart attack, the kind that usually kills even when responded to immediately. By God's grace, he survived but, is still seriously sick. 
  Gene is the kind of man who puts his faith into action. The kids and I volunteer to help with his pet charity Santa's Toy Box, I don't know whether that is a official nationwide Optimist Club charity or if it's peculiar to Boone, NC. I have never asked and don't need to know. We just help try to make Christmas happy for poor kids by letting their parents pick out gifts, gratis. Anyway, Gene plays a large role in acquiring donations and organizing the giveaway. Sure there are the unscrupulous who take freebies. I don't care. There are always those who really need it. Two years ago, just after carrying two bags of toys out to a new SUV for a female who clearly was not needy, I was on the verge of quitting. My daughter little Miss Megan said not yet and I shall be forever grateful because of what happened next. For our next person was a young man still dirty from work and he was amazed that people could be so generous. He was so thankful to be able to have Christmas for his young  children that he effused joy and gratitude. I know lowlifes and this guy was for real, he wasn't a grifter. I had to repent.
This is but, one example of the character of Gene Swift who, along with his wife Sallie are also raising their granddaughter Emma, a sweet, sweet child. Their daughter, Stacy, is a mess, drugs and a shit heel man, she needs prayer too.
   I know he was spared to reveal the Glory of the Lord. 
Please join me in prayer for this situation. I get a sense of the powerful hand of the Lord at work.
PS. I believe he's having surgery today.
PPS. Today is Megan's sixteenth birthday, I thank you Father for blessing me with an amazing kid. Amen.

Messages In This Thread
Church friend - by IainH - 10-08-2018, 11:28 AM
RE: Church friend - by Ed Hurst - 10-08-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: Church friend - by IainH - 10-08-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: Church friend - by IainH - 10-12-2018, 04:29 PM
RE: Church friend - by forrealone - 10-13-2018, 09:44 AM
RE: Church friend - by IainH - 10-13-2018, 10:56 AM
RE: Church friend - by forrealone - 10-13-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: Church friend - by IainH - 10-13-2018, 02:00 PM
RE: Church friend - by forrealone - 10-13-2018, 04:48 PM
RE: Church friend - by jaybreak - 10-14-2018, 08:20 PM