New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I&A war and it's vets.
There were a few young men in our church, who were the right age around 9/11 to be caught up in the fervor  of those times who enlisted in the US Infantry and USMC. They went to war, encouraged by people like me who were part of what has now been identified as the military-evangelical complex. When things started going badly, a USMC Vietnam, multiple tod combat veteran stood up in church one Sunday and denounced what was happening "it ain't right". I respected the man but, I was also mad. That respect kept my mouth shut but, over time and educating myself about real reasons for the war; Islam and the multiple cultures within it, I came to realize that Big Jim was right and I had been duped but, by then it was all over, the players were gone and all that is left is the damage inflicted on our own and on our enemies and tens of thousands of innocents. Broken lives, caused by people I helped elect in 2000,2002,2004,2006,2008,2010 and 2012. Since then I vote anti-incumbent regardless of party. Seven elections, I gave full and absolute support to murder. I blame myself and people like me who were true believers for that blood, for without blind acquiesce it couldn't have happened. Those in power hold a greater responsibility because they wanted it all along. I have repented of my sin and have received grace. It still hurts when I look into the faces of those young men I "Huzzahed!!" off to get revenge . There is only one path to peace, geopolitically and that is remove all US military presence in the Dar al Islam, bulldoze Zionist Israel into the sea and negotiate and pay the blood price. That's never going to happen and so the USA piles sin upon sin upon sin. 
        My prayer request is for "C" a remarkable young man who is married with two kids and works with the youth. My son in particular is close to him and I'm trying, in spite of a twenty year age gap, we both ride motorcycles so, that's a start.
   I've always held the belief that if those who started and ran wars were required to have the first blood spilled their own, we might have less of it. Can anyone name me the last war truly endorsed by God because both sides always claim it. Our war between the States, WW2 the allies claimed it, the Germans had "Gott mit uns" on their uniforms. Truth is you'd probably have to find it in the OT.

Messages In This Thread
I&A war and it's vets. - by IainH - 06-23-2018, 11:57 AM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by Ed Hurst - 06-23-2018, 07:36 PM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by jaybreak - 06-24-2018, 07:33 AM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by IainH - 06-24-2018, 08:57 PM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by Ed Hurst - 06-25-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by IainH - 06-25-2018, 09:02 AM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by jaybreak - 06-26-2018, 07:45 AM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by IainH - 06-26-2018, 10:37 AM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by IainH - 06-26-2018, 12:19 PM
RE: I&A war and it's vets. - by Ed Hurst - 06-26-2018, 09:53 PM