New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mommy Dearest
(01-07-2018, 01:29 AM)IainH Wrote: Most definitely tongue firmly in the cheek, my mother is Scottish and is moving back there on the 22nd of this month. She was a service bride, Dad met her when he was stationed there with the USAF in the fifties. He passed two years ago. Truly, I could write a book that would make some very disturbing reading on what went on. She has my love and forgiveness but, mainly pity. I cannot conceive of how it must be to manufacture empathy because of your complete lack of it.

All I ask for is "Lord, get me through the next two weeks, after that she's her family's problem. Please give me sufficient grace to not blow my stack'

That there's a definite time limit on her presence will make it a bit easier for you, mentally. Indefinite struggle is a bit worse than one with a countdown.

Regardless, you can count on my prayerful support. If you want to, post back here after she's gone to tell us how it went.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com

Messages In This Thread
Mommy Dearest - by IainH - 01-06-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: Mommy Dearest - by jaybreak - 01-06-2018, 06:41 PM
RE: Mommy Dearest - by IainH - 01-07-2018, 01:29 AM
RE: Mommy Dearest - by jaybreak - 01-07-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: Mommy Dearest - by IainH - 01-08-2018, 12:20 AM