New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cain't stands it no more!
Today was children's Sunday which happens in our church once a year. It was and is always a delight to see the little ones do their thing. My spiritual high was thoroughly extinguished when, the preacher couldn't resist the "pitch" instead of simply dismissing us. No one responded to the "pitch" which is a par. It doesn't seem to matter that 99% of the congregation is there precisely because they are saved and come to worship and to receive instruction on Christian living. No no no, the slim chance that there might be one person who hasn't "decided" to " accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior" is the only thing that matters. I find the very notion that a fallen being can use their fallen reason to decide that they are now one of God's elect to be repulsive. 
   Please pray with me for guidance; I do not wish to leave, I love my fellow parishioners, they are my family but, I cannot subject myself to one more bile raising pitch. Perhaps the Lord will grant me a sort of immunity to these things which I find offensive to the depths of my soul? Then again it may be time to move on, nothing is clear at the moment.
  PS. Nana gets better every day!
PPS. In spite of the matter for which I seek your prayers, my heart overflows with joy at His wondrous ways which I see at work in my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Bless His Holy Name, Amen!

Messages In This Thread
I cain't stands it no more! - by IainH - 06-10-2018, 01:48 PM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by Ed Hurst - 06-10-2018, 01:51 PM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by jaybreak - 06-10-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by IainH - 06-10-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by forrealone - 06-11-2018, 06:25 AM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by IainH - 06-11-2018, 08:01 PM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by forrealone - 06-11-2018, 09:03 PM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by Ed Hurst - 06-12-2018, 06:39 AM
RE: I cain't stands it no more! - by IainH - 06-13-2018, 01:39 AM