New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad
(06-14-2023, 04:01 PM)jaybreak Wrote: I drove up on Friday last week and was able to hang out with Dad for a bit over the weekend. He is pretty alert in the moment but is very forgetful of things that happened earlier in the day, as well as longer-term memory. My brother and I were planning on taking him out to a restaurant but it was a little too risky. He is very prone to choking and if he starts that while he is away from the hospice staff, it's not gonna end well. He does sometimes ask for things we can't allow because of that and he gets pretty cranky from it. Most of the time he is in a good mood but if he doesn't understand something he'll getting annoyed.

That's about it. We'll see how things go from here.

I am happy for you that you were able to drive up and spend some time with him!  My Mom passed in 2010 from Alzheimer complications.  She always knew who all of us were but, just like your Dad, forgetful of previous moments and segments of her life.  I was blessed that she lived right up the street from me.

Praying for you, your family and your Dad.

Messages In This Thread
Dad - by jaybreak - 06-04-2023, 03:24 PM
RE: Dad - by forrealone - 06-04-2023, 04:33 PM
RE: Dad - by davew9804 - 06-04-2023, 08:03 PM
RE: Dad - by Ed Hurst - 06-05-2023, 05:08 PM
RE: Dad - by jaybreak - 06-14-2023, 04:01 PM
RE: Dad - by forrealone - 06-14-2023, 07:13 PM