New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad
We are putting Dad in hospice care in about a week. There are a number of reasons we're doing this, but a lot of it is due to his difficulty eating properly, which puts him at high risk of aspirational pneumonia, increasing kidney dysfunction, and his dementia and general cognitive decline. We'll be discontinuing a lot of meds and we won't hospitalize him for aggressive measures...his reaction to going and staying at the hospital range from cranky to aggressive displeasure, which is probably doing more harm than the hospitalization does good. We'll be essentially limiting to the "feel good" drugs. 

I guess I don't need to spell it out: he won't last much longer, I want to say a few more months at the most. My brother is going to fly up from Iowa this coming weekend to see him and our sisters, so I may as well do the same. He can really go at any time and I don't want really my last meeting with him to be from Mom's funeral in December.

That's all. Prayers at any time are appreciated, naturally.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com

Messages In This Thread
Dad - by jaybreak - 06-04-2023, 03:24 PM
RE: Dad - by forrealone - 06-04-2023, 04:33 PM
RE: Dad - by davew9804 - 06-04-2023, 08:03 PM
RE: Dad - by Ed Hurst - 06-05-2023, 05:08 PM
RE: Dad - by jaybreak - 06-14-2023, 04:01 PM
RE: Dad - by forrealone - 06-14-2023, 07:13 PM