New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hi folks -- have been reading through Bible studies here and some of the discussions, hopping over from the Catacomb Resident blog, which was suggested to me by a friend.  Grew up Southern Baptist but was disillusioned about denominations in my late teens (esp. after discovering CS Lewis and Francis Schaeffer), so journeyed through Bible churches trying to fit in and find a way to serve our Lord.  Got a degree in agriculture, specializing more in soils and irrigation, with the ideal of working to help people in arid places have better yields, but while working at an ag research station, discovered that I was sort of handy with learning networking and very rudimentary programming on the new mid-size servers and PCs.  Eventually became a Solaris systems administrator, and migrated to Linux with the changes in the telecom world that I ended up in.  Got out of that extremely stressful environment after my father passed, and have been working on building arable soil out of caliche and to reduce the volume of stuff in the house.

The last few years I somehow started seeing the research different people were doing about the unbelievable state of our courts, legislative bodies, and the media.  Perhaps this was because of still being shocked by the banksters paying no price for what unfolded in 2008; over time I had really started to notice the preponderence of the talmudists in the shenanigans.  This was a painful realization after having been swimming in Evangelical worship of them for my whole life, but then it also made the Gospels seem like I had never read them before.  Lately it has felt like we are living in similar days as when Jeremiah was preaching, and I have been wondering how the people who believed him ordered their lives before the judgement and invasions.

I listen to a lady (Rain Country Homestead) on YouTube who gives ideas and encouragement for gardening, dehydrating foods, sewing, etc., and noticed something interesting re: one of your internal topics (about reaching the churched "unwashed masses") that you might like to hear.  There were many commenters on that video who expressed terrible loneliness from not being able to find Christian fellowship that is not name-it-and-claim-it or seeker-oriented, but truly Gospel oriented (and now I believe the correct term is Covenant -- still a newbie on this).  All of them expressed surprise to find others who felt so lost for similar reasons; I guess the number of "lost sheep" is pretty large, and there is great need among so many.  It seems like our Lord helps us to find such eddy pools as a rest from the careening tumult of the larger stream, and I am grateful -- maybe I can help.

My to-do list has included working on a Raspberry Pi to keep up my Linux skills to some degree, but I have been so focused on the paring-down, gardening, and some paper-crafts that I have not started that exercise so far.  I have done many kinds of tasks on and with computers over the decades and have more free time than it sounds like others might have, if there are things that I might be able to help with.  

Very honored to know about this gathering, and looking forward to joining the prayers, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Hello - by njresrie - 01-13-2023, 10:20 PM
RE: Hello - by Ed Hurst - 01-14-2023, 06:11 AM
RE: Hello - by davew9804 - 01-14-2023, 06:31 AM
RE: Hello - by njresrie - 01-14-2023, 09:34 AM
RE: Hello - by forrealone - 01-14-2023, 03:39 PM
RE: Hello - by njresrie - 01-14-2023, 06:22 PM
RE: Hello - by jaybreak - 01-17-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: Hello - by njresrie - 01-18-2023, 04:12 PM
RE: Hello - by jaybreak - 01-18-2023, 09:14 PM
RE: Hello - by Benjamin - 01-31-2023, 12:58 AM