New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In some seriousness.
(07-17-2018, 02:47 PM)IainH Wrote: Yes please. Thursday will be day one. I scoured my memory banks and this will be the third, maybe fourth time I've gone cold ???. The last time was before my surgery because I knew I'd be in more pain afterwards. That was luke warm turkey, I reduced my intake by half for one week prior. 
Michelle will be keeping my remaining meds locked up in a secret location. I have to pick up Megan on Friday at 5:00pm from Upward Bound so, I'll have to take a tablet for that otherwise I would be unable.
SOOOOO..Pray that my wife will volunteer (I'm not going to ask her)
Every time I've tried in the past, excruciating pain has driven me back to the meds. They ONLY way to be successful is through the power of the Spirit. God has to either heal me or block the pain.
There is no power within me that can do it, it has to be heaven sent. 
I call the withdrawal process "the contortions of HELL" ; hot flashes, sweats, chills, cramps, sleeplessness, begging, lots of begging, the Hershey squirts, cussing everything including mayonnaise jars, runny eyes & nose, tossing and turning, self recrimination and laughter. I can make fun at the absurdity of it all. Because, in the end, barring a miracle, I'll be right back where I started, especially if I want and I do sincerely want to keep on working. This evening, I've a summer cottage to clean and tomorrow I have to weedeaterize it's huge steep, terraced back yard, then go home, change the engine & tranny oil and finish cleaning the drive chain on my motorsickle so I can go for a sanity courtesy of creation ride. Well, all rides, on the BRP are Creation Appreciation of the Creator, Word meditatin' and Jesus praisin' rides. Silent praising or you might catch a yummy bug snack!
One more request, Crowns of Light, an acapella gospel quartet made up of  African-American seasoned citizens singing at Bailey's Camp Baptist Church* on Sunday morning. We are "Light heads" and go see them as often as possible. They don't do it for money, it actually costs them! These men understand heart -led and the Spirit is on them. They sing for God's Glory not the accolades of men. Pray for them, that my family and my neighbors will be blessed.
* BCBC, my wife was raised in this church and we can see the steeple from our deck, in winter anyway.
God Bless you with his eternal love and Grace and I thank you with all my heart for being here, for friendship, fellowship and love,  in the wonderful name of Jesus, I pray. Amen & Amen!!!!

Oh, doncha know you and your whole family will be lifted up for His Saving Grace, Love and Strength!!!   God be with you.

Messages In This Thread
In some seriousness. - by IainH - 07-14-2018, 09:03 AM
RE: In some seriousness. - by Ed Hurst - 07-14-2018, 09:18 AM
RE: In some seriousness. - by forrealone - 07-14-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: In some seriousness. - by IainH - 07-14-2018, 02:31 PM
RE: In some seriousness. - by jaybreak - 07-17-2018, 04:33 AM
RE: In some seriousness. - by forrealone - 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM
RE: In some seriousness. - by IainH - 07-17-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: In some seriousness. - by forrealone - 07-18-2018, 11:47 AM