New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Debby
That is truly good to hear, Jay.

A high pressure ridge is sitting on us right now and will be for the next several days.  It will pull a lot of heat and moisture up from our coast.  That means hot humid days and lots of "pop-up" storms.

There is another tropical disturbance that will be named Ernesto (pretty sure it will become a storm).  It has an 80% chance of formation.  Unfortunately, it may be over or near the Dominican Republic by Wednesday.    My daughter is headed there tomorrow for a vacation with a friend.  I made sure she was aware and has backup plans if they need to leave earlier than next Saturday.

It could follow a northwesterly path and head to the US coast, meaning we here may be in for some more flooding and who knows what.  The offshore temps of the Atlantic are just so daggone high, which really fuels tropical systems and can turn them into monsters.

I am ready for whatever this world wants to throw - my main concern is for my family. 

God bless you all.

Messages In This Thread
Storm Debby - by forrealone - 08-06-2024, 12:19 PM
RE: Storm Debby - by jaybreak - 08-07-2024, 05:55 PM
RE: Storm Debby - by Ed Hurst - 08-08-2024, 06:16 AM
RE: Storm Debby - by forrealone - 08-08-2024, 08:43 AM
RE: Storm Debby - by forrealone - 08-08-2024, 04:54 PM
RE: Storm Debby - by jaybreak - 08-10-2024, 04:09 PM
RE: Storm Debby - by forrealone - 08-10-2024, 05:34 PM
RE: Storm Debby - by Ed Hurst - 08-10-2024, 07:27 PM