New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
epistemology, objective reality, post modernism etc
On occasion I go to Bruce Charltons blog and catch up on a week or two of posts since my last visit. Popped in there yesterday. There were a couple posts that were relevant and this comment he made resonated, echoing what you guys alluded to above.

"I have often argued here that epistemology has been an intellectual dead end - despite being the dominant philosophical mode since Descartes, exactly because it sets itself up as prior to metaphysics (indeed, typically, dismissive of metaphysics)."

Faith and a relationship with the Lord (entering into and staying under the protection of the covenant?) must be the prior condition before even trying to suss out "reality" ie epistemology.

It is literally living by faith realizing that everything is contingent on the Lords will right down to the construction of reality we're experiencing currently.

Purging the materialist/physicalist presuppositions embedded in ones thought processes is easier said than done.

It requires crucifixion of the flesh and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of the King.

Messages In This Thread
RE: epistemology, objective reality, post modernism etc - by Robust1 - 07-20-2024, 07:19 AM