New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
epistemology, objective reality, post modernism etc
It’s a start. It’s not that our reality is totally dubious. It’s just very limited. Part of that limitation is that God can shift things around, and sometimes we get to see it and call it a miracle. Sometimes we don’t see it, but see something that indicates it. Sometimes we have no idea at all, and we just trust the Lord.

I started out as a hard-core Baptist fundamentalist way back in the 1970s, but the Lord began to move me, step by step. College and post-graduate studies (never could afford that master’s degree) planted seeds that eventually moved me to my current effort to discover and embrace the Hebraic outlook on reality.

I was already committed to whatever answers I might find. That’s why I didn’t hesitate to embrace the basic thesis of Unseen Realm. What I needed to see was sufficient evidence for a limited acceptance of external literature. If the New Testament authors clearly used outside sources, we need to use them in the same fashion — not as Scripture, but as a background that gives shape to the biblical narrative.

That leaves me still trying to tread that fuzzy line between what the Second Temple rabbis believed, which apparently found traction with the Apostles, versus the kind of nonsense Jesus rejected.

Does that give you enough to push farther with your curiosity?
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog

Messages In This Thread
RE: epistemology, objective reality, post modernism etc - by Ed Hurst - 07-10-2024, 11:40 AM