New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
epistemology, objective reality, post modernism etc
Around 2008 I entered my existential crises that eventually brought me back on the path of repentance and submission to God. A big part of that was the realization that nearly everything we've been taught and told about nearly everything is deception and lies. 

My path back to following the Lord Jesus started as what I called my "commitment to reality". This led me to studying post modernisms war on "objective reality" and learning a little bit more about philosophy, epistemology etc. Trying to organize my thoughts. This caused me great distress and drove me back to the scripture and the anchor that is steadfast and sure. Increasingly I'm trying to view everything through the filter of the biblical cosmology/unseen realm/ANE context of scripture.

I have to admit I'm a little uncomfortable with the level skepticism about "everything" that this path has engendered. I'm also a little uncomfortable with the idea that there is no objective reality I can really know. 

I'd like to think the reason I repented and submitted is in part because the biblical story coheres with the observable reality that exists outside just my experience of reality. A faith in real events that happened in real time that when believed draw you deeper into the truth ie reality. 

There is a question in there, I just cannot seem to articulate it though. Any thoughts on this rambling?

Messages In This Thread
epistemology, objective reality, post modernism etc - by Robust1 - 07-10-2024, 08:41 AM