New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorian
Hi there!  Hurricane time again.  I am asking all of you reading this to remember in your prayers all those already in or soon to be in the path of Hurricane Dorian.  Only those of us who have been ravaged by such storms can understand that kind of wrath.  It appears our coast will most assuredly be hit directly or glancingly (is that even a word?), but the wind, rain and storm surge will surely be something to reckon with.  It was almost a year ago when Florence slowly drenched all of us.

My concern is for all of my friends and family who live at the coast.  They have enough sense to come inland, but some of them haven't even moved back into their homes yet since Florence!

My generator is full of gas, I checked the oil and it started fine.  It will run everything in the house except for the heating and air, but I leave my A/C at 80, so that is not a necessity for me anyway.  My home is open to anyone around the neighborhood who needs anything I have should the power go out and they have no source of power.  It is SO nice to be able to share!    (:^)

Bryan always got everything gassed up whenever a hurricane was around just in case someone needed help afterwards.  So, the chain saws are all gassed up as is all our/my other equipment and with some of the guys on my street able to run that stuff, we will all be able to continue that kindness to others he was so fond of showing.

I miss him................

Messages In This Thread
Dorian - by forrealone - 09-02-2019, 06:50 PM
RE: Dorian - by Ed Hurst - 09-02-2019, 08:34 PM
RE: Dorian - by IainH - 09-03-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: Dorian - by Ed Hurst - 09-04-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: Dorian - by IainH - 09-05-2019, 02:58 AM
RE: Dorian - by forrealone - 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM
RE: Dorian - by jaybreak - 09-06-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Dorian - by forrealone - 09-06-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Dorian - by Ed Hurst - 09-06-2019, 10:22 AM