New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Knee Gone Bad?
The proper explanation requires some lengthy blather, but the short version is my left knee is giving me trouble.

People driven to exercise like I am seek to find the balance between too little and too much, between "that hurts" and "but it's so much fun!" I thought I was doing a really good job of that, because I was losing weight and having fun with the workouts, but was able to keep the pain at a bearable minimum. About ten days ago, my left knee started hurting just a little -- that's the good knee. I tried various forms of active recovery, even taking a rare dose of ibuprofen. I thought it was on the mend and hit a hard workout in the park. The next morning the pain was quite severe.

Go ahead and pray for my knee to recover, but that's not the whole story. It raises the question of whether I am required to shift to a much gentler workout. That's not as fun, and certainly not as effective in terms of the results I want. My resting heart-rate has been pushed down to 56 BPM, and my focus is on keeping that as healthy as possible. I'm not sure a gentler workout will work the same way.

So the real prayer request is for God's guidance in the broader sense of how to make the most of what's left for divine glory. I have this powerful sense I'm going to live a whole lot longer, and I don't want to be an invalid the whole time. I'd rather keel over in the midst of having fun.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog

Messages In This Thread
Good Knee Gone Bad? - by Ed Hurst - 07-07-2019, 06:42 AM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by jaybreak - 07-09-2019, 04:34 AM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by Ed Hurst - 07-09-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by Ed Hurst - 07-17-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by jaybreak - 07-24-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by Ed Hurst - 07-25-2019, 06:32 AM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by Ed Hurst - 07-25-2019, 07:18 PM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by jaybreak - 07-28-2019, 07:57 AM
RE: Good Knee Gone Bad? - by Ed Hurst - 07-28-2019, 07:57 PM