New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Debby
Hi, family!  For those of us on the east coast - or traveling towards the east coast (Jay) - Debby is definitely going to affect us.  Although you would think one could tell what she is going to do, you can't.  Once she is back over water, depending on how long she sits there, she may get fiercer.  One thing seems certain is that, reminiscent of Hurricane Florence, she is moving WAY slow which means LOTS of rain.  In my specific area (Raleigh, NC - ish), we could get up to 10 inches.  My friends at the coast stand to get up to 15" or more.  Parts of Georgia and SC may end up with close to a yard, yes 30+ inches of rain.......

So, prayers for all of us from all of you as I will be praying.  Together may our sweet, prayerful, harmonic melody lift to Our Father and resonate through Heaven for His kind mercies.

Thank you, my sweet family!
We had nice weather in central MA today, and will be nice tomorrow here and in NH, where we going to for the beach, in Seabrook. After that, it's all rain pretty much.

My brother in Portland ME has great weather today, too.

I called the power company earlier and there was a recorded message that there was an hour-plus wait time, because they were dealing with a lot of outages and whatnot. Kind of strange because they service PA, OH, VA, WV, and NJ, nothing that wasn't really hit by Debby yet.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Here in the Heartland, most of the news about Debby focuses on the flooding aspect, not so much on storm damage. Let us know how it actually turns out for those of you who face her.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
We had 2.65" of rain since last night.  My daughter will be picking me up shortly to take me to another town's post office to file my passport application.  We are having many tornado warnings 30-40 miles north of us - lots of damage, one death so far... a man's house was destroyed and he was under it.   Roads are flooding but not around here yet.  I have been using the DOT's helpful apps online to keep an eye on that.  I don't really like going out in this, but at the first inkling of danger, we will turn around.  The PO is about 20 minutes from here.

Jay - your area was pretty devastated by the storms that came up behind you on your drive the other day.  LOTS of power outages.   And Debby is going to moving north and possibly affec those who were already flooded and damaged from that previous storm.

Got to go -  love you all.  Take care and will keep you posted.
I don't know what I did to this original post, but trying to re-do it now.  At 10AM this morning, my daughter came and took me  to the post office in another town (about 20 minutes away) to submit my passport application.   We weren't sure how the roads would be or what might happen while traveling. 

I am back home, safe and sound.  We got there way early and thought we would have to wait, but the applicant ahead of us did not have everything required, so I was next in line!  We were in and out of there in 30 minutes!!
Praise the Lord for His ever-loving kindness and mercies.

There have been multiple tornadoes within a 50 mile radius of us today.  An elderly man was killed when his house literally caved in on top of him.  As Debby moves up and north, we will get the bottom bands that will probably continue to bring us more rain through tomorrow.  We have had over 4" since yesterday morning.

The Lord is good.  AMEN!
We barely got anything that was predicted in MA...just some rain and wind here and there. The next few days won't have anything at all. Strange, but being on vacation, I'll take it.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
That is truly good to hear, Jay.

A high pressure ridge is sitting on us right now and will be for the next several days.  It will pull a lot of heat and moisture up from our coast.  That means hot humid days and lots of "pop-up" storms.

There is another tropical disturbance that will be named Ernesto (pretty sure it will become a storm).  It has an 80% chance of formation.  Unfortunately, it may be over or near the Dominican Republic by Wednesday.    My daughter is headed there tomorrow for a vacation with a friend.  I made sure she was aware and has backup plans if they need to leave earlier than next Saturday.

It could follow a northwesterly path and head to the US coast, meaning we here may be in for some more flooding and who knows what.  The offshore temps of the Atlantic are just so daggone high, which really fuels tropical systems and can turn them into monsters.

I am ready for whatever this world wants to throw - my main concern is for my family. 

God bless you all.
Yes, `tis the season for those moisture monsters of the Atlantic.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog