New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After the Storm 26 June
It was a freak storm that exploded from a small cell far up in the northern edge of the state. The first pass was a ton of rain behind winds up to 80 MPH. The second pass was more rain and lightning.

In the OKC Metro there is a lot of storm damage you might see from hurricanes along the coast. We are used to tornadoes, but that kind of straight-line wind is quite rare. Our internet has been out all morning; I’m using my cell-enabled iPad. At least the cell network is up.

Neither our residence nor car suffered any damage. My son out in Choctaw came through okay, as well.

A car dealer near here had poles down on some of their new cars. They’ll be advertising a storm damage sale; that’s a thing here. For the most part, the big issue is power outages, since way too much of our grid is up on poles that get old and snap off in high winds. Roads are blocked all over the central part of the state. Ours never even flickered, so it’s all underground.

We are thankful to the Lord for His protection.
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
Wow!  I checked earlier this morning and saw nothing near y'all - not even a storm maker....   Praise the Lord that you and your son were blessed with His protection!!
"Storm damage sale" - that's not a bad idea. I wonder how that works with insurance involved.

Glad to know you have protection. We just had a quick nasty storm blow through here, but it was expected.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com