New to Radix Fidem?

Visit the Introduction and User Guide thread to get acquainted with us.

Automatic registration is currently closed. Please email admin@radixfidem.org if you'd like to register for the forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm footage
Not of Hurricane Laura but a recent little squall here in western PA. It lasted only 30 minutes like this (60 mph winds), but we lost power for a few hours and there was some thunderless lightning (doesn't exist but we were too far away to hear it) that was lighting up the sky well into midnight. Interesting stuff.

Couldn't stay out there long because I was getting soaked, even as I was cowering in the corner under the awning.

Edit: I took the video down from Youtube, but you can view it here.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com
Looks familiar. We seldom get that during the summer, but it's quite frequent during spring and fall, what we call "tornado season."
Senior elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: radixfidem.blog
(08-28-2020, 04:10 PM)Ed Hurst Wrote: Looks familiar. We seldom get that during the summer, but it's quite frequent during spring and fall, what we call "tornado season."

We don't get these very often, so it was a surprise. Precipitation in Pittsburgh is literally the national average; most of our storms are mild. We hadn't had a lot of rain in the last few weeks so this made up for it.
Church elder at radixfidem.org
Blog: jaydinitto.com