The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Radix Fidem
In-laws Dying - Printable Version

+- Radix Fidem (https://radixfidem.org)
+-- Forum: Discussion (https://radixfidem.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Prayer Requests (https://radixfidem.org/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: In-laws Dying (/thread-1482.html)

Pages: 1 2

In-laws Dying - Ed Hurst - 06-14-2024

My daughter-in-law's mother has been a lifelong smoker, so nobody is surprised that she's having health troubles at roughly the same age as me. Specifically, she had breast cancer and was treated for that, but it managed to metastasize into her smoker's lungs. No surprise there. She made her choices. There's no prognosis just yet on how long she has. My request is that everyone in their extended family can get their minds ready to face this. So far as I know, the woman is not a believer.

RE: In-laws Dying - jaybreak - 06-14-2024

We will pray for guidance and perseverance.

There was plenty of smoking on both sides of my extended family, with all of the consequences you'd expect. Sometimes it accompanies general poor lifestyle choices and maybe a dash of genes, so you don't know what might specifically be causing something.

RE: In-laws Dying - forrealone - 06-14-2024

I will definitely lift everyone in that family up to our Father.  He knows their hearts; He knows what they need.  It is sad.  

Choices we make in life have consequences in oh so many ways that affect us and others.  I am grateful that in spite of my poor choices, He was gracious to bring me to where I am today.  For that, I will always give Him the praise and glory!!

RE: In-laws Dying - Veloyce Hurst - 06-14-2024

I got a little more info. They are talking chemo, but not sure when or if it will start.

RE: In-laws Dying - Veloyce Hurst - 06-23-2024

Just talked to my daughter-in-law her mom has stage 4 lung cancer. They are giving her 5-10 years.

RE: In-laws Dying - jaybreak - 06-23-2024

Thank you for the update, Veloyce. That's terrible news, although the prognosis seems favorable compared to what I've heard about lung cancer life expectancies. We will continue to pray.

RE: In-laws Dying - davew9804 - 06-24-2024

Praying for her to get to know Jesus while she has time left and for her family to provide the support and care she needs.

RE: In-laws Dying - Ed Hurst - 06-26-2024

Update: She was scanned again this past week. No lung cancer was found. She still has breast cancer and they believe it is under control; she just needs to keep taking some meds for the next five years. Thank the Lord.

RE: In-laws Dying - forrealone - 06-26-2024

Wow!  A new opportunity to live a fuller, richer, healthier, happier, filled with the LORD kind of life.  Sweet Jesus, bring your Spirit into her heart.  Show her Your beautiful face.  Teach her Your ways.

RE: In-laws Dying - Robust1 - 06-26-2024

Amen!